Most of the mothers/fathers who evolve into ‘Home Chefs’ owe their ingenuity to their children. These little dynamos are never satisfied with anything prepared straight and simple for long; it needs innovation and presentation upgrades to get a smile on their face and a parent’s soul satisfaction of veggies consumed (finally!), an empty plate or school tiffin.
Here I share with you a fusion of two common preparations – Closed Cheese sandwich and Hakka Noodles. And “Hak” means “Rightfully” so as this is rightfully demanded by kids so the name ‘Hak-ka sandwich’. 😊
- Bread – 2 slices
- Ching’s Veg Hakka Noodles – 1 cup
- Ching’s Green chilli sauce – 1 tsp
- Ching’s Dark soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Kissan Tomato Ketchup – 2 tsp
- Capsicum – chopped 1 cup
- Tomato – 1 cup, chopped
- Brown and Polson Cornflour – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp/sprinkle
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
Watch on YouTube – Hakka Sandwich
1. Boil 1 cup water in a vessel with little oil and salt.
2. Crush the hakka noodles in the packet with palm and take out 1 cup. Add to the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water. Keep aside.
3. In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add the chopped capsicum. Stir fry for 2 min.
4. Add chopped tomato and salt to the pan. Stir.
5. Add the green chilli sauce and soya sauce to pan. Stir.
6. Add the cooked noodles. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Take 2 slices of bread and flatten using a rolling pin, trim the brown edges. Apply 1 tsp tomato ketchup on each bread slice.
8. Take Amul cheese slice and cut 1 cm less than slice of bread. Place the cheese slice on one bread slice. On the other bread slice apply 1 tbsp of hakka noodles and sprinkle black pepper powder.
9. Apply cornstarch water on periphery of both bread slices.
10. Place the bread with cheese slice on the hakka noodles bread and seal the edges by slightly pressing.
11. Heat butter in the pan and toast the bread packets till golden brown on both sides.
12. Cut and serve with sweet Garlic sauce or tomato ketchup.
Makes for a good school tiffin idea.
Try it and click ☆Like below if you do. Please subscribe to my recipes on this website and on YouTube for latest updates.