- Bombay wheat Rava/medium sooji – 1 cup
- Green chilli – 1 chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch grated
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp chopped
- Sour curd – 2 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Hing (asafoetida) – pinch
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
1. Beat the sour curd well and keep aside.
2. In a pan, heat 2 tsp oil and add the mustard seeds, hing, ginger and green chilli. Then add the Rava and roast well for 2 minutes, stirring continuously to avoid burning. Take off flame and transfer in a bowl to cool.
3. Add the beaten curd and salt to the rava and mix well.
4. Take an Idli steamer and fill upto the mark with water. Take a cup and fill it half with water and place in middle of the steamer.
5. Grease 3 small plates with oil and pour the Idli batter evenly in each of them.
6. Place the plate in the vessel and cover with a plate with holes. Place the other two plates similarly on top of another.
7. Close the lid of Idli steamer and steam cook for 15 minutes on high flame.
8. When done, take the plates out and cut in 4 slices.
9. Serve hot with chutney powder moistened in oil.
Please click ☆Like below and comment. Please share and follow using the social media icons below.