- Broken wheat (Dalia) – 1 cup
- Ginger – 2 inches, grated
- Green chillies – 1
- Curry leaves – 4 to 5
- Onion – 1 chopped
- French Beans – 1 cup chopped
- Carrot – 1 chopped
- Frozen Green peas – 1 cup (rinsed)
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Juice of half a lemon with 1/4th tsp salt
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Jeera (cumin) – 1 tsp
- Hing – pinch
- Oil – 3 tbsp
Watch and Subscribe on YouTube – Broken Wheat/Dalia Upma
1. Take a pan and dry roast the broken wheat on high flame till you notice them becoming white and switch to low flame get a crisp aroma/smell. Take off the flame and keep aside to cool.
2. In a handi cooker, heat the oil and add mustard seeds and jeera.
3. Once they crackle, add the hing, ginger, green chillie, and curry leaves.
4. Add in the onions and stir till transparent.
5. Add in sequence the french beans, carrot, and green peas. Stir.
6. Add in chopped tomato with 1 tsp salt. Stir.
7. Add the roasted broken wheat and stir for 1 min.
8. Add in 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Then cover and pressure cook for 6 to 7 whistles.
9. Switch off flame, wait 5 minutes or till steam stops, open and sprinkle in the juice of half lemon with 1/4th tsp salt. Mix it well.
Serve as delicious hot and healthy breakfast or pack for school tiffin.
Please click ☆Like below and feel free to comment. Please share and follow using social media icons below.